10.27.2009

Eating locally. Eating ethically.


One thing I love about Minneapolis and St. Paul are the number of locally owned restaurants with delicious menu offerings. You can imagine my excitement when I spotted a new restaurant guide, Atlas of Ethical Eating, over at The Heavy Table.

Their matrix currently (they hope to expand this in the future) highlights 8 local restaurants and their answers to questions around composting, use of organic dairy, vegan options, LEED design and so on and so on. I'm pleased to see two of my favorites completed the survey and appear to be quite ethical (as defined by the survey): Common Roots Cafe and Bryant Lake Bowl.

Can't wait to see more restaurants added to the list.

***Since my original post, six new restaurants have been added to the list. I'm confident that it will continue to grow. Awesome! (10.29.09)

Mottainai.

No comments:

Post a Comment